The vision of Liberty Alliance is to enable a networked world based on open standards where consumers, citizens, businesses and governments can more easily conduct online transactions while protecting the privacy and security of identity information. This world, where devices and identities of all kinds are linked by federation and protected by universal strong authentication, is being built today with Liberty’s open identity standards, business and deployment guidelines and best practices for managing privacy.
Members work closely together to:
- Build open standard-based specifications for federated identity and identity-based Web services.
- Drive global identity theft prevention solutions.
- Provide interoperability testing.
- Offer a formal certification program for products utilizing Liberty specifications.
- Establish best practices, rules, liabilities, and business guidelines.
Collaborate with other standards bodies, privacy advocates, and government
- Address end user privacy and confidentiality issues.
This section provides information about our formation, our areas of focus, and our leadership, as well as general answers to commonly asked questions.